You can find answers to all your questions on this page. If you still need any assistance, feel free to get in touch with us during working hours.


We strongly encourage you to apply for one program at one university at a time. However, it is possible for you to go for at most two.

Yes, you will be able to put it as a pending document and apply. However, you should still check with the university website on when you should provide it.

Some universities don’t ask you to provide a language certificate. If you don’t have a language certificate yet, you may apply for such a university. However, if the university asks for a language certificate, you need to submit it.

Yes, it is important for you to get your documents certified before applying. They also need to be translated either to English, Swedish, or Finnish.

No, there is no need for you to face an entrance examination in Finland. However, some universities would conduct short online tests or interviews.

The Minimum required GPA would vary from one university to another. You are encouraged to refer to the university website to learn more about the required GPA for a program that you apply to.

There is no need to mail them, and you can simply submit them online.

Yes, you can. However, we encourage you to understand the reason why your application was not accepted and strengthen it before applying again.

If you are applying for a master’s degree program, you might be asked to provide a work experience certificate. This is something that you need to get from your employer. It should indicate the dates of employment, work duties, contract information, and the work hours that you completed (if you did a part-time job).

No, it will not be considered. Work that you do only after your graduation will be considered.

You need to have at least two years of experience to apply.


It will usually take around 2 to 4 weeks for the university to review your application and provide approval for it. You need to make sure that all documents are submitted as requested to avoid rejection.

Once you are accepted, you will need to pay a first-year tuition fee to secure your placement at the university.

The tuition fee would cover all education-related experiences, books and educational materials that the university has to bear.


Yes, we will guide you throughout the process of applying for a student permit. If you can stick to our guidance, you can be ready with the documents needed for the application.

You will need to apply for a student permit as soon as you obtain the university acceptance letter. It will take a few months for a student permit to get approved. Therefore, you should go ahead with the application ahead of time to avoid disappointment.

The student residence permit you submit will be processed at the immigration office. It would usually take around 3 to 8 weeks for the permit to be accepted.

Yes, it will be possible for another person to apply on behalf of you. However, you need to follow up with the immigration office via email.

You can book your appointment at the VFS Center or Finnish Embassy. However, you need to proceed with the application only if all required documents are ready.

No, there is no upper age limit for obtaining the student residence permit. Regardless of your age, it is possible for you to proceed with the application.

You should book your flight ticket to Finland only when your student residence permit is approved. You will be able to get the residency permit card from the Finnish Consulate once it is approved.

You need to provide clear proof of why your previous visa was rejected when you are applying this time. Then you can overcome the negative effects of your previous rejection. If you were rejected from visiting any other country, it will not be a problem with your new application. You will also be able to appeal for a previous rejection with sufficient proof.


You need to show that you have sufficient funds to cover the course fee and your living expenses in order to obtain a residence permit in Finland. You will need at least 560 EUR per month in order to cover your living expenses per month.  To obtain the two-year residence permit, you will need to have at least 13,440 EUR in your account.

No, there is no minimum period for the funds to be available in your account. However, we strongly encourage you to keep it for at least 3 months.

No, there is no need for you to provide proof of funds when you are applying for a student residency permit. You just need to submit the applications that are requested to approve your student residency permit. In case you are requested to provide proof of funds, you may do it from salary certificates, house rent agreements, business certificates, and other accepted means.

Yes, it is a good idea to use a cover letter to explain your funds. Along with the cover letter, you will be able to attach the required documents.

Yes, you will be able to. However, you need to obtain a letter from the bank about the repayments.  You should then showcase that you are in a position to repay the loan with your income.

You can withdraw money to cover your living expenses such as food, transport, and accommodation.

If you are under 18, you will need to open a joint bank account with your guardian.  You may discuss with the bank for more information on this.


Both these insurance companies are good and can be recommended to anyone. You can take a look at your budget and pick one of the insurance companies. Please contact our team to offer you the best suitable insurance.

Your insurance coverage would start at least two weeks before you arrive in Finland or start the degree program.

Yes, the insurance will cover your medical expenses, including doctor consultation fees and the cost of drugs.

The overall insurance coverage would be 40,000 EUR.

The maximum permissible insurance amount is 150 EUR per year.


A close relative of you will be able to sponsor you with your application. It can be your spouse, parent, uncle, or anyone who is close to you. You will need to explain the nature of the relationship for that.

Your sponsor should be in a position to help you with getting at least 6, 720 EUR per year to cover the living expenses.

Yes, it is important for money to be present in your account. Your parent can transfer money to your account. You will also need to keep documents related to proof of funds. If you are asked to prove, you can submit them.

Yes, it is possible. However, you will need to provide appropriate documents to showcase how both sponsors are related to you.


You will be able to book an appointment at the embassy via email. You can visit the website of the embassy to get to know about the embassy’s email address. In case you are going to submit your documents through VFS, you will need to get in touch with VFS for your appointment details.

It is important for you to be prepared for the embassy interview so that you will be able to minimize your chances of rejection. You will be asked questions such as the university you applied for, why you applied for that university, why you want to study in Finland, and what you are planning to do upon completion of your studies. We will help you to prepare answers to these questions before your interview at the embassy.

Yes, you will need to submit scanned copies first before you hand over the documents to the embassy.


Yes, you will need to showcase that you have sufficient funds to cover the expenses of your spouse. The minimum amount is 700 EUR per month. We can provide guidance to you on how to go ahead and apply for a spousal visa step by step.

You should showcase sufficient funds to showcase that you can spend at least 1,260 EUR per month. Then you will be able to proceed with getting a family visa.

Your spouse will be able to apply for a residence permit. However, the primary applicant or the student will need to apply first. Otherwise, it will delay the whole process, as it would take around 3 to 7 months for the spouse to get the visa approved.

No, you need to maintain personal bank accounts. That’s mainly because the residence permit applications will be processed separately by the consulate.

Yes, your spouse will be able to apply later. However, it is important for the spouse to maintain funds in a separate bank account for proceeding with the application.

Yes, it is possible for your spouse to work full-time in Finland, while you are studying.


Check out our Universities and Study Programs in Finland